What is CMAT Exam?
The Common Management Admission Test is commonly known as CMAT. More than 1000 B-schools and MBA colleges consider this test for admissions for their MBA and PGDM programs. This is one of the most popular and important entrance exams as it opens doors to some of the most prestigious colleges in the country.
The CMAT exam dates are closing in and students have begun preparing. There is a lot to know about this exam like eligibility, dates, registration, exam centres, etc. You will find all this in the following information, and even some useful guidance like preparation tips, dos & donts, and more. Therefore, get all the information you need regarding CMAT here, so you can start preparing.
CMAT 2020 Exam Highlights And Important Dates
CMAT 2020 Highlights
- CMAT will be held on the 28th of January, 2020.
- The previous date was 24th, but the exam had to be postponed.
- CMAT is conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- More than 1000 colleges consider CMAT scores for admissions.
- One of the largest common entrance exams after CAT.
- CMAT is completely computer-based.
- National Testing Agency, since August, has opened many centres across the country to train students on the revised test format.
Important CMAT 2020 Dates
- 1st November 2019 is the registration start date for CMAT 2020.
- 30th November 2019 1 is the registration end date.
- 24th December 2019 is when your admit cards will be ready for download.
- 24th Jan was the original date of the test, but it has been postponed.
- 28th January 2020 is the new final date for CMAT 2020.
- 27th February 2020 will be the date when results are declared.
CMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Not everyone can take the CMAT exam. You need to fit certain criteria to be eligible to take the exam. Therefore, check the following criteria before you start with the CMAT registration process.
- There is no age limit, but you need to be a graduate in a bachelors degree from any government-recognised college or university.
- Students who have appeared for their final year exams, but dont have the results yet may apply on a provisional basis. But their results should come before the 2020 admissions.
- You need to be an Indian citizen.
- There is no percentage cut-off for your degree. As long as you have a legitimate bachelors degree, you can apply for CMAT.
Click here to know more about CMAT Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
CMAT 2020 Exam: Registration Process
Most entrance exams have a registration process, and CMAT is no different. You have to follow the process to the letter, and only then will you be able to sit for the exam. Therefore, read upon the registration process before you register.
Here is CMAT 2020 Registration Process:
- Visit the official CMAT 2020 website @ cmat.nta.nic.in
- Click on Fill Online Application Form
- On the next page, click on New Registration
- Register using a valid email ID and phone number.
- Fill the application form with the correct information.
- Scan and attach your latest photo, a photo ID, and your signature.
- Make the online payment according to the category you fit in:-
- General category males pay INR 1600/-
- General category females pay INR 1000/-
- OBC Category students (male & female) – INR 1000/-
- SC/ST category males pay INR 800/-
- SC/ST category females pay INR 700/-
- Once the payment is received, you can select your city or the city nearest to you as the exam centre.
- If your registration and payment have been successful, you will be able to download your admit card on the 24th of December.
Related blog you will like
CMAT 2020 Registration: All You Need To Know About Application Process & Fee
CMAT 2020 Exam Centres
The CMAT 2020 is going to be held across 84 cities in the country. During registration, you have to choose 3 of the nearest exam centres. You will get allotted according to availability. If you are located in a remote location, be ready to travel if you get a centre in another city. The National Testing Agency may choose to change centres whenever required, so be on the lookout for news regarding CMAT 2020 test centres.
Click here to know more about List of CMAT Exam Centres 2020
CMAT 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
CMAT 2020 has a unique exam pattern and syllabus, different from other entrance exams. Therefore, it is important to know about and prepare accordingly.
- This is an online exam and is held only in English.
- You will face a total of 100 questions in 4 different categories.
- There are 25 questions in each category.
- The questions are multiple-choice questions, and you have 3 hours to answer them.
- Each correct answer carries 4 marks, but a wrong answer will result in a -1 deduction.
- A total of 400 marks are up for grabs.
- Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Language Comprehension & Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
Read further all you need to know about CMAT 2020 exam pattern
CMAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Most students attempting CMAT 2020 must have begun preparing in advance. However, there are still a few tips that you can use to do prepare hard and do well. These tips will help you study and ease the stress of preparation.
Here are best CMAT preparation 2020 tips to crack the exam:
1. Complete Syllabus
When you are studying, make sure to complete the whole syllabus. There are 4 categories – language comprehension & verbal ability, quantitative techniques & data interpretation, logical reasoning, and general awareness – make sure you study each category well and dont leave out anything.
Once you are done studying, and you are clear on how to solve each category, spend as much time revising the syllabus as you can. Try multiple different textbooks and test papers, so you get the fundamental techniques of solving the exam right.
3. Mock Tests
Mock tests are the most helpful way to prepare for CMAT. Many online mock tests are just as tough as the actual CMAT exam, and they time you as well, so it becomes good practice for the actual exam.
4. Time Management
Since you will be taking a few mock tests, you can use them as a way to manage time while answering CMAT. Though the test is 3 hours long, it is not enough to answer 100 questions. Therefore, you have to plan an answering strategy to manage those 3 hours masterfully.
5. Your Strengths
Remember, a wrong answer will get you a negative mark, so you have to stick to your strengths. Answer everything in the category you are comfortable as quickly as possible. This way, you are left with ample time for sections you are not too confident about. You can think hard and answer those questions.
Read Further CMAT Exam 2020 Preparation: How to Prepare for CMAT 2020?
Read Further Top 5 Mobile Apps for CMAT Exam 2020 Preparation
Dos and Donts for CMAT 2020 Test Takers
Dos for CMAT 2020
- Check out your test centre a day before the exam, and arrive 1 or 2 hours before the exam. This will ensure there is no rush or chance of getting late.
- Download and print your admit card in advance. Dont wait till the last date.
- Do attempt the section you are confident about first. You can go back and forth between sections.
- Try to attempt all the answers you know. It should not happen that you know something, but did not attempt that question.
Donts for CMAT 2020
- Dont carry anything other than your admit card. Nothing else is allowed.
- Concentrate on doing your exam, and dont interact with other test-takers during the exam. Invigilators are strict.
- Dont attempt questions you dont know anything about. CMAT has negative marking.
- Dont get flustered, and remain calm throughout. Being in a positive state of mind will help you do well in the exam.
CMAT 2020 E-books and Sample Papers
CMAT is one of the most popular entrance exams. Therefore, there are many e-books and sample papers available in libraries and online that you can use to study and prepare. From preparing for CMAT to useful tips and tricks on cracking the CMAT, these e-books are helpful and are written by people who have cracked CMAT and other such entrance exams. You can check out the following books for help.
How To Download CMAT 2020 Admit Card?
From registration to giving the exam, every aspect of CMAT 2020 is online, making life easy for the students. Your admit card will also be available online. You have to download and get it printed before your exam.
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the Download Admit card Button
- Submit your details.
- The card will appear on the screen
- Check for the accuracy of the information on the admit card.
- Click on the download button if everything is okay.
- Download the file to your computer and get the admit card printed.
Click here to know more in detail on how to download CMAT 2020 admit card
CMAT exam is an excellent exam that tests your mental capabilities to the maximum and opens doors to some of the best B-schools and MBA colleges in the country. So, work hard, prepare well, and do your best to have a great career and a bright future.